This is a translation of our Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen only. Legally binding is only the original german language version.
1. These General Terms and Conditions (“terms and conditions” in the following) apply to booking of and participating in conferences, seminars and other courses (“event services” in the following) between is-research GmbH (“organizer” in the following) and the participant in the version in effect at booking date, of which prior notice has been given to the participant, or in the version that can be accessed on the web under http://www.is-research.de/allgemeine-geschaftsbedingungen/.
2. The participant’s general terms and conditions when conflicting, deviating or amendatory will not be subject terms of contract without prior written consent by the organizer. The organizer’s terms and conditions apply even if the organizer, upon knowledge of deviating or amendatory terms and conditions of the participant, unconditionally performs the contractual services. These terms and conditions shall also apply for all future transactions between organizer and participant.
3. Insofar in these terms and conditions a distinction is made between customers and entrepreneurs in terms of validity of a certain clause, the participant shall be customer, provided that the aim of his participation is not be part of his commercial or self-employed activity.
Any natural or legal person or business partnership vested with legal capacity who acts in the exercise of his commercial, self-employed or professional activity on conclusion of the contract shall be entrepreneur.
1. Registration may be effected via internet. The registration constitutes a binding offer for contract conclusion to the organizer.
2. On receipt of the offer the organizer will send a notification accepting or rejecting the participant’s registration. A contract is concluded only on acceptance by the organizer and excludes all services that are not mentioned in the confirmation.
3. Only the organizer and the participant shall become contracting parties.
III. Contractual Services
1. The participation fee is qouted per person and event date plus statutory VAT.
2. The organizer reserves his right to replace announced speakers or to make necessary modifications of the agenda while maintaining the overall character of the event.
3. If the event cannot be realized as a result of force majeure, disturbances at the venue or poor attendance, all participants will be informed promptly. The cancellation as a result of poor attendance will be effected no later than two weeks before the event.
In this case the registration fee will be reimbursed. The right of refund for travel or accommodation costs as well as stoppage shall be excluded unless there was grossly negligent or deliberate conduct on the part of the organizer. The organizer obligates himself to do anything just and reasonable to account for the correction or limiting of the disturbances in case of impairment of the performance of an obligation.
The participation fee is due on receipt of invoice.
Proceedings are protected by copyright. Duplication, dissemination or other usage is forbidden without prior written authorization by the organizer.
The events will be arranged and effected sorrowly by qualified consultants. We assume no liability for the proceedings and the realization of the event being complete, correct and up-to-date.
VII. Final provisions
1. Amendments or supplements to the contract on event services or to our general terms and conditions are to be made in writing for validity, as far as no stricter mode is statutory.
2. Place of performance and payment shall be Berlin. Solely courts responsible for Berlin are in charge of disputes in connection with the contract, insofar the participant is merchant.
3. This agreement should be governed and construed solely by German law with the exception of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
4. In case any particular provision of the contract on event services or our terms and conditions should be or become invalid, validity of all other provisions remain unaffected.